February 9, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (10)

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews
Twas a busy buying week for me, so let's get down to it.

BORROWED

1. Summer and the City by Candace Bushnell
I'm ALMOST done with The Carrie Diaries so I clearly need this one at the ready.
BOUGHT
             

        


 2. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
Bought in e-book form because it sounds awesome. And it was on sale.

3. 52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody
This one also sounds great. And was also on sale in e-book form. Holla!

4. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
I've been meaning to pick up this one FOREVER and so, yet another GREAT e-book sale convinced me it would be a VERY GOOD IDEA to snag it immediately.

5. Whatever After by Sarah Mlynowski
This week's stacking the shelves is brought to you by e-book sales on Amazon. HURRAY.

6. Splintered by A.G. Howard
Okay, this is also an e-book but it WASN'T on sale. I bought it because Hobbitsies is hosting the Debut Author Challenge and there's a Goodreads Book Club for it. Since I offered to help run said book club, I figured I should actually read the book. And so I bought it.

7. Everneath by Brodi Ashton
ANOTHER e-book sale for an awesome sounding book.

8. Touched by Corrine Jackson
As much as I LOVE actual books, all these crazy awesome e-book sales are REALLY DOING IT FOR ME.

9. Mister Monday by Garth Nix
E-book sale plus Garth Nix. WHAT IS MY LIFE? HOW DID IT GET SO AWESOME?

10. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
I bought the hardcopy of this book with the coupon I got from BN last week. Hurray 15% off!

11. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
British book purchase #2. It was the only copy in the store. My hands got all grabby. IT WAS AMAZING.

12. Pantomime by Laura Lam
I went to the signing Thursday night and blogged about it in my Friday Coffee Clutch (discussion) post. It was SO MUCH FUN. Especially since I got to go with some lovely blogging friends.

13. Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger
If there was ONE new release I had to buy while in London, It was absolutely, without question, THIS ONE. It's so pretty and I'm so excited and YES YA STEAMPUNK FROM GAIL CARRIGER. *sigh*

Them be the books, BUT WAIT. THERE'S MORE. I've decided to add a new section to this post. *Drumroll please...*

THE WEEK IN REVIEW

On Sunday I reviewed My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick.

Monday marked the start of The Carrie Diaries Read-Along I'm doing with Harley Bear Book Blog. You guys wanna check that out. There's a GIVEAWAY involved.

I listed my Top Ten Best Bookish Memories on Tuesday. I really enjoyed making that list. Everything on it holds a special place in my heart, but I think #10's my favorite!

Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young was my Waiting on Wednesday pick is past week. Absolutely CANNOT wait until August for this one!

On Thursday I reviewed Sever by Lauren DeStefano. The trilogy might be over, but there's a new series on the horizon and I can't wait to get my grabby hands on it.

Friday I told you all about my VERY FIRST AUTHOR SIGNING and how awkward these kinds of things make me feel. I still feel pretty awkward, so if you do too, please come discuss with me, okay?

I would say my week went pretty well. How did yours go? Let me know in the comments below!

48 comments:

  1. Woah, it looks like you've got some great books to read. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I hope you have a great week too!! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you got SO MANY books! I really hope you like Jenna Fox. I didn't, but a lot of other bloggers did. I've also been meaning to read Girl of Fire and Thorns but I HAVEN'T yet so can't wait to see what you think of it. I just keep on mentioning books that I'm excited for: Splintered, Everneath, The Madman's Daughter, Pantomime and mostly: SCARLET <3 EEEEE. Enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( I'm sorry you didn't like Jenna Fox!! And Girl of Fire and Thorns as been on my list for SO long. I'm so excited to finally have a copy (as well as a copy of all the rest of the books).

      Honestly, I need to figure out this whole self-control thing. I feel like I need to repeat the following: just because an e-book's on sale doesn't mean I should buy it. I'll have to work on that for next week.

      Thanks for stopping by, Judith! ^_^

      Delete
  3. I hope you like Splintered, I've heard loads of good things about Pantomime. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I can't wait to read all of these :)

      Delete
  4. You received a lot of great books this week! I really want to read Splintered and Pantomime is on my wishlist. Happy reading! :)

    Old follower via GFC :)

    My STS: http://queenofcontemporary.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/stacking-shelves-10.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get Splintered and Pantomime! Books don't belong on wishlists, they belong on shelves and e-readers!

      Thanks for stopping by, Lucy! :)

      Delete
  5. Great Haul!! I love the cover for splintered, makes me want to buy it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! I love a pretty cover. I'm kind of sad I only have it in ebook form though. I might have to buy a hardcopy later... O_O

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. Awesome haul of books. These all sound awesome and great. I can not wait to get my hands on Etiquette and Espionage.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to get my hands on Etiquette and Espionage badly. I hope you enjoy all your new lovelies :)

    http://theparanormaladdictionbookblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/stacking-shelves-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Etiquette and Espionage does look incredibly lovely, doesn't it?

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. I love the sound of The Girl of Fire & Thorns. Thanks for the recommend. Garth Nix is fantastic too. Just loved his Abhorsen series.
    http://gwynnethwhite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT? Love the Abhorsen series. I've been thinking about doing a reread though. I haven't read them in YEARS.

      Thanks for stopping by, Gwynneth! :)

      Delete
  9. Wow, awesome new books! Especially Splintered, Everneath, and Scarlet. I loved all of those!! I have yet to read 52 Reasons, but I do own a copy. :)

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love a good contemporary so I'm really excited about 52 Reasons. But I also love retellings, so Splintered and Scarlet are perfect for me. Basically I have a ton of books vying for my attention right now.

      Delete
  10. Wow awesome haul. I'm jealous. I really need to read like all of these.

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Do read all of these and then we can chat about them ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Ooo, I am confident that you will like Rae Carson's books. She is a great writer! And I got The Madman's Daughter this week as well! But an ARC. I'm waiting for my copy of Touched - I've been waiting for a while o.O Must inquire as to where it has reached!

    Have fun reading so many books! :D

    My STS Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Alyssa! And good luck getting your hands on Touched!!

      Delete
  12. I read Everneath pretty recently and it was really good! I was a bit confused at times but the story got easier to follow as it went on. I hope you really enjoy Splintered. I've wanted to read it since it came out but I still have to buy myself a copy!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everneath sounds really interested. I hope I'm not confused though. That's the worst.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  13. WOOOW so many amazing books!! Have you read The Keys to the Kingdom? If you haven't, prepare yourself for awesomeness! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Scarlet. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HAVEN'T but I love Garth Nix so I'm not worried.

      Thanks for stopping by Janita! :)

      Delete
  14. What an amazing haul of books! I got Scarlet this week too and can't wait to start it. Hope you enjoy the Adoration of Jenna Fox, I loved it when I read it last year!

    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm so excited to start Scarlet. I'm SO GLAD I don't HAVE to wait any longer. But I'm not sure when I'm going to get to it :/

      Delete
  15. How's the second Carrie Diaries book so far?!?!? I really enjoyed Madman's Daughter and i hear Splintered is awesome so those were def worth buying. You got some awesome books this week. I'm gonna go check out your review of My Liffe ND. I just read that last month so I'm curious to see what you think. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm two chapters from done with Summer and the City and I'm not loving it so much :/

      As for MLND, I'm still thinking about that twist. I can't even.

      Delete
  16. They all look amazing, especially Pantomime and Splintered. Enjoy all your books :)

    New follower :)

    My Stacking the shelves/ Showcase sunday

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh brilliant haul! I really want to read Girl of Fire and Thorns, The Adoration of Jenna Fox, Everneath and Etiquette and Espionage! :D Enjoy all your awesome new books!

    My STS post: http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2013/02/stacking-shelves-35.html

    New GFC Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you got piles of awesome books! I really hope you enjoy Etiquette and Espionage, because I thought it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine a planet on which I wouldn't enjoy Etiquette and Espionage. But let's hope I haven't overhyped the book for myself.

      Thanks for stopping by, Megan! :)

      Delete
  19. I'm a new follower! i love you blog by the way and you have one incredible haul! Girl of Fire and Thorns is one hell of a good read! I hope you enjoy it as much as i Did!

    My Haul! Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HOPE I love Girl of Fire and Thorns. It really seems like something I would love in any case.

      Thanks for following and I'm glad you like the blog ;)

      Delete
  20. Ooh I loved The Carrie Diaries series! The sequel is much better too bc you get some of the other characters in it! Great haul, muffin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say I loved the second one as much as you did. Carrie kind of bothered me the WHOLE time and I was never sure what was going on or why. I DID love Miranda. But I always love Miranda, so that was to be expected.

      Thanks for stopping by, Giselle! :)

      Delete
  21. I'm not entirely sure WHAT I'm expecting for Pantomime, but I'm thinking that's a good thing.

    If you end up checking out the Carrie Diaries, let me know what you think. It's definitely not what I expected and as such I didn't love it as much as I wanted to, but it was still pretty cute.

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so lucky! Madman's Daughter is totes on my wishlist, I also really like Scarlet, Etiquette and Espionage and 52 Reasons to Hate My Father. I'm a new follower! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I hope you get all the books on your wish list!!

      Thanks for the follow :)

      Delete
  23. Everneath was really good and I'm seeing Scarlet all over the place too. Nice haul :) Here’s our list if you’d like to check it out: BiblioJunkies Happy reading! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're seeing Scarlet everywhere because Cinder was awesome and everyone NEEDS to know what happens ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  24. You got a lot of wonderful titles this week! I've read 52 Reasons to Hate My Father, and really enjoyed it. It's a cute contemporary! And I can't wait to find out what you think of Pantomime, since that's definitely a debut I'm looking forward to reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I love cute contemporaries!! I'll be sure to let you know ALL about Pantomime when I finally get to it. :)

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Also, if you have a blog, be sure to leave a link so I can go check it out!