October 13, 2013

Veronica Mars Watch-Along Week 22

[Graphic designed by the lovely Judith of Paper Riot]
So, how does this work, super sleuths? Go check out the Watch-Along kick off post for the skinny. I'll give you a second just in case...

All caught up? Good.

In case you already know the basics and just forgot what episodes are up today, here's the list:
  • "Nevermind the Buttocks"
  • "Look Who's Stalking"
And for NEXT WEEK:
  • "Happy Go Lucky"
  • "Not Pictured"

HERE IS SOME IMPORTANT NEWS: 
Next weekend I'm going to be in Amsterdam (!!!) and definitely won't have time for the Watch-Along. Now, because I didn't really want to skip yet another week/delay the season 2 finale, I've enlisted Gillian's (Writer of Wrongs) help. So look for a post from her on the blog next week. 

Also, if you want to fill in for any given week in season 3, let me know! I'm always looking for people to pitch in with the Watch-Along.

And now I will stop talking about my life and start talking about what matters. 

THE NOIR
The first episode this week has a stranger at school asking Veronica for help (which we haven't seen in a while). Then we find out this small bit plays a much larger role in the show. Whoever thought a dead dog would bring us back to a green car that belongs to a Fitzpatrick and the discovery that Kendall is a conn artist and in league with these crazy people? Not me. All in all, I'm not totally sure what this plot point with Kendall is all about, but whatever. 


There's also the new murder weapon in the Lilly Kane case. This buried Oscar with Duncan's hair on it? I don't even understand what that's about. I mean, was the evidence planted? And what's up with Aaron having his cellmate steal Cliff's briefcase? I really don't understand any of this and I can't recall if we ever get any answers.


Then in the second episode, Gia's getting stalked. By Lucky. Who turns out to have a million issues that lead to him getting arrested. Also, Veronica has chlamydia (DUNDUNDUN), Leo's working in private security, Jackie learned about the birds and the bees "the hard way" (she had a baby?) and prom's been canceled. Honestly, not much in this episode is particularly mysterious (except maybe Lucky, but I think that's more scary and less mysterious) but it does make for an interesting episode that sets up everything for the finale. 

Cookie and I are waiting.
SUSPICIOUS CHARACTERS
I feel like these are all of the sketchy characters in this show, so it's not a very useful list, but it is a list.
  • Kendall: She stands to gain a lot of money if Cassidy and Dick die. 
  • Weevil: A troublesome gang member was killed in the crash and he beat up Curly. 
  • Aaron Echolls: He's just a psycho and I like putting him on this list always no matter what. 
  • The Fitzpatricks: They were there right before the bus crash, so...?
  • Woody Goodman: First there's this whole thing with the drunk staffer and blaming it on Keith. And then there's everything left over from last week. So. 
  • Cassidy: More left over from last week. This kid... what's up with you?
WHO CAN WE TRUST?
THE EPIC SPEECH
This requires it's own category because of, well, reasons. (IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE REASONS YOU SHOULDN'T BE HERE.) (No, I'm kidding, everyone is welcome here, but you should really understand the reasons.)


Logan: "I thought our story was epic, you know? You and me."
Veronica: "Epic how?"
Logan: "Spanning years and continents. Lives ruined, bloodshed, epic. But summer's almost here. And we won't see each other at all. Then you'll leave town then... it's over."
Veronica: "Logan..."
Logan: "I'm sorry. About last summer. You know, if I could do it over..."
Veronica: "Come on. Ruined lives, bloodshed? You really think a relationship should be that hard?"
Logan: "No one writes songs about the ones that come easy."

Okay. So. Logan was really drunk when he said all of this. Which is why he promptly forgets and ends up sleeping with Kendall and ruining everything.


But even if he hadn't forgotten, Veronica turned him down. Again. Since Logan's the kind of character to drink and screw his problems away, I'm not incredibly surprised by this behavior and Veronica shouldn't be either. I honestly think Veronica only likes parts of Logan. Or she wants him to change to fit her life better. But Logan loves her so much. I mean, did you see the way he looked at her when she walked into alterna-prom? And when she knocks on his door the next morning when Veronica comes to his door? My heart just can't take anymore of his sadness.


I feel like Veronica and Logan just have terrible timing issues. It's truly upsetting to me. I mean, just get it together, dummies.

BRING ON THE SNARK
Keith: "Prepare to have your mind blown. Are you ready?"
Veronica: "Think back eighteen years: small, blonde, baby. Born ready."

Presh. This dynamic is so perfect and dysfunctional. I love.

Logan: "As a rule I like to start every school day with a hot blonde waiting for me in the parking lot."
Veronica: "Me too!"

You've all seen the Kickstarter YouTube video, right? This line was gold before the reenactment, but yeah. 

Logan: "Day of the crash, day of the crash...uh. I'd really have to consult my Feelings Journal to be sure."

How much do you wish he really had a feelings journal?

Veronica: "I hate fake deer too. Every time I see their stupid fake deer faces I wanna grab a shotgun and go all Cheney on 'em."

There is so much goodness in this line.

Keith: "You mind printing every email, every document?"
Mac: "Your word is my Shift-Command. Little computer humor for you, there."

I get you, Mac, I really do.

Veronica: "Hey, how’s it goin’?"
Logan: "Oh, this is gonna be good."
Veronica: "What?"
Logan: "Ah, you have that "I’d rather be making out with a broken bottle" look. Which if history serves, means you’re about to say something awkward."
Veronica: "This? This is my "I’d rather be spelunking" look. It’s like you don’t know me at all."

I wanted to quote this entire scene because it was so perfect, but I didn't. Mostly because I thought that would be excessive.

THE BOYS
  • Wallace: I don't always love Jackie but I'm glad these two figured their jazz out. And I'm glad Wallace is done being such a dummy. 
  • Weevil: Uh oh, Weevil. You life is full of uh oh right now. 
  • Dick: You're so simple and I love it. 
  • Logan: You are all of the complicated Dick is not. Which is interesting because they're best friends. But also kind of bizarre. 
  • Leo: There's nothing to say about Leo, really, but LEO IT'S SO NICE TO SEE YOU. 
  • Cassidy: This kid is impossible to read at all times. He makes me sad but he really is kind of a weirdo. Sooooo...
These kids are killing me. Are they killing you? Are you ready for the finale? Season 3? Talk to me. This really is a safe place for your feelings - especially your LoVe feelings. 

**ONE LAST REMINDER**
NEXT WEEK:

  • "Happy Go Lucky"
  • "Not Pictured"