November 24, 2013

Veronica Mars Watch-Along Week 27

[Graphic designed by the lovely Judith of Paper Riot]
So, how does this work, super sleuths? Go check out the Watch-Along kick off post for the skinny. I'll give you a second just in case...

All caught up? Good.

In case you already know the basics and just forgot what episodes are up today, here's the list:
  • “Of Vice and Men"
  • “Lord of the Pi's"
And for NEXT WEEK:
  • "Spit and Eggs"
  • "Show Me the Monkey"

Shall we get things started?

"OF VICE AND MEN"
Oooooh Veronica's pissed with Keith for having a married girlfriend. I can't totally blame her, what with all the stake outs she's been on. But staying with Wallace and Piz? Really? This is all jus too much for me. Especially when she's roped into helping out with this girl who can't find her boyfriend. This isn't weird at all.

Oh, just kidding, it IS weird.
Oh. Veronica has to lie about her Professor's affair and she can go to this FBI program thing. Ethics. Gotta love ethics.

Veronica's brow beating Logan again. I swear. This poor boy. He can't tell her where he was and how he's Mercer's alibi but how many secrets has she kept from him? I mean, my anger at Veronica is real. But at least she's going to help Mercer. 

I think I'm going to keep skimming past the Keith/Harmony relationship. I don't like cheating. It also opens a window for Vinnie to blackmail Keith. So, y'know, double dislike.


I like how Landry schools Veronica. Not everything she thinks is true. She really needs to stop letting people be who they are, not the people she thinks they are.

"Who gets blackmailed by his girlfriend?" Only you, Logan. Only you. Honestly. Break up with her. It's time to end the madness. She treats your like a stranger and a criminal. That's not how significant others behave. 


And then Meryl, the silly, abandoned girlfriend runs into the River Styx. Which generally leads to Veronica getting injured. All of this is so foolish. And Veronica thinks she doesn't need any help or protection. At least Vinnie was around to stop the madness. 

HEY Wendell from Bones is Meryl's boyfriend! I like it. He's so cute all confused and super blonde. Oh! And Keith is done with Harmony. Thank everything.

So this episode ends with someone drugging Veronica. Again. That's kind of upsetting. I mean, not incredibly surprising, but definitely upsetting. I will say that I'm particularly glad Logan's around to come running at the sound of a car alarm. Because, seriously, how many times does this have to happen before she accepts help/protection?

BRING ON THE SNARK 

Veronica: "What are you doing here?"
Piz: "Oh, that, yeah. Uh, I live here. This is my room. That's my bed. You remember my guitar. That's where it gently weeps."

"LORD OF THE PI'S"
So Logan pops up and tells Veronica to stop investigating the rape case. Maybe it's a little aggressive and controlling but I'm pretty sure his fear is well placed. I mean, we did all watch that last episode, right?

Veronica's back on the school paper, taking pictures of fancy events that may or may not lead to the end of the Greek system. Somehow, I'm not surprised that the guest of honor at this fancy event goes missing. I'm also not surprised that Veronica's fist stop on the clue train is the feminist girl with the nose ring. BUT I AM SURPRISED THAT KEITH'S FIRST STOP IS MR. SHEFFIELD. Hello, sir.


Now Veronica's accused girl with the nose ring of multiple things and she's wrong every time. I think this girl is losing her edge. But I do like her running around with Dick to figure out this random Easter Egg up Chip's butt thing. I also like when she gets Wallace's help for the same case. It's almost like we're back in high school!

Okay. So. the clues so far: Something's up with Mr. Rose's assistant. Selma Rose's brother is against Selma's buy American plan. And then there's the ten year anniversary thing. Which is the right one. Selma Rose's husband knows she's cheating and is blackmailing her to stay hidden until their tenth anniversary so he can have more money. Although, I'm not sure why she has to stay hidden. Why can't they just stay married and then get divorced? Because her brother wants to make money by ruining her plans to make all her company's products made in America? I mean, really, her husband and brother are really something of a pair of psychos. But, thankfully, Veronica and Keith ask the right questions and there's a new plan in place.


Oh Jesus. Logan hired Veronica a bodyguard. I love how right Logan is when Veronica confronts him. She does expect him to change even though she won't change for him. It's kind of upsetting. And, like, look at Veronica's face. This relationship is so over again.

This Patrice thing is painful. And so's this sorority thing. Oh, not to mention Veronica ignoring Logan's phone call when he can see her. I mean, she wants this relationship to end. She really does. And, so, I really want Logan to end it for her. Please. He doesn't deserve this and it's time he takes control of his life.

BRING ON THE SNARK

Dean O'Dell: "Look, the Sheriff is an idiot. I've met smarter sandwiches."

Veronica: "This is just like that time we went to Disneyland! If I have another altercation with Snow White and her disapproving dwarfs, you're taking Sneezy this time."

Veronica: "The park is closed. The walrus out front should have told you."

Veronica: "When he gets in a jam, I make with the cute."

And that's it for this week. I'll be spending the next day or so preemptively mourning the end of the Logan/Veronica relationship, so please leave me cookies and hugs in the comments below!

**ONE LAST REMINDER**
NEXT WEEK:

  • "Spit and Eggs"
  • "Show Me the Monkey"