July 15, 2014

Top Ten Favorite Current TV Shows (57)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
If you follow me on Twitter, you might know I love television almost as much as I love books. Also, if you read this blog, you might recall the Veronica Mars Watch-Along I did for a while (until I failed to finish off season 3 - although I retain the right to finish that thing eventually). So, basically, this Top Ten Tuesday topic is absolutely perfect for me. But to make this topic a little more tackle-able (since I have way more than 10 favorite shows), I decided to only list shows that are current. Meaning, they're still on the air (although some of them are in hiatus right now for the summer). Also meaning you can binge what's out now but continue on with it and talk to me about it as new episodes come up. WOOHOO.

Ready?

   
CHICAGO FIRE 
Hot firemen. Done. Deal. (Also, I've got hearts in my eyes over Jesse Spencer, always.)
   
   
CRIMINAL MINDS
I can't tell you why I love a show about serial killers. But I do.
    
   

MARVEL AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.D
I can't even with this show. I mean, it was slow at first, but I basically sit around stuffing my fist into my mouth every episode, it's so good.
   
    
PARKS AND RECREATION
I may like lots of crime/angst shows, but I also like laughing and nerdiness.
    
    
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE
I don't really watch reality TV shows, but I love this one a lot, so watch it.
   
  
THE MINDY PROJECT
If you're not watching The Mindy Project you are missing out so much, I actually feel bad for you.
 

THE NEWSROOM
I may not always understand what's happening on this show but I definitely enjoy the hell out of it anyway.
   

THE BIG BANG THEORY
I love sitcoms. A lot, a lot, a lot.
   

DOCTOR WHO
I loved seasons 1-4 of the reboot. I've been falling out of love since David Tennant left, but the loyalty's still there.
   

ELEMENTARY
Okay. You're all thinking: Gaby, ELEMENTARY? Not SHERLOCK? Yeah. Sorry. Sherlock's great and there's wonderful mind-fuckery stuff, but the seasons are short and inconsistent. And I didn't like how season 3 ended AT ALL. Sue me.

**BONUS**


LAW AND ORDER SVU
This one's the bonus because, while this show was my favorite thing for years, I'm kind of over it now. Stabler left and Liv is all over the place... not to mention the show's gotten so personal. It was much, much better back when it was more episodic. I still watch though. And it's a great binge.

Thinking about starting any of these shows? Perhaps you already watch some of them and want to chat? Let me know in the comments below!